Accessibility and Utility Improvements complete with a new walkway, storm sewer work and installation of electrical kiosks for events and vendors.
After nine years of planning, the City of Nanaimo approved a new walkway in early 2015 and hired Knappett Industries (2006) Ltd. to build it. The new walkway addresses the issues such as the uneven slope of the pathway and the lack of amenities. The walkway comes with LED lighting, bench seats, picnic tables, hand rails, a designated place for a food truck and is wheelchair accessible.
Members of the Departure Bay Neighbourhood Association were pleased with the result.
- 200 m³ of cast in place concrete stairs, walls, walkways and ramps
- leveling parts of the seawall walkway
- new pedestrian access ramps
- 110 m of installation of various sized storm sewer piping
- Installation of 20 streetlights and bases c/w conduit and wire
- improvements to parking facilities
- 150 tonnes of asphalt concrete placement
LOCATION: Nanaimo, BC
START DATE: January, 2016 END DATE: May, 2016